Firstly, let me declare that I entered this fandom fully aware and acknowledging that in comics canon: Iris West and Barry Allen is endgame and that:
- She is a one-time wife of the second Flash (before Flashpoint), Barry Allen, the aunt of the third Flash, Wally West, and the grandmother of the fourth Flash, Bart Allen. Essentially the entire Flash family existence is based on her existence.
I have no arguments or qualms about the above.
And so I entered the Snowbarry fandom fully accepting that my ship could lead to nowhere and is essentially a doomed ship if the CW Flash writers decide to follow strictly to the comics.
Despite that, I still staunchly
- Ship Caitlin Snow and Barry Allen based on their interactions on the CW show The Flash, i mean even the inane random interactions makes them cute;
- Ship Snowbarry in The Flash Season Zero comics that’s based on the TV show;
- Ship Snowbarry cos I also do like Danielle Panabaker and Grant Gustin’s cuteness together.
- Ship Snowbarry BECAUSE I like the uncertainty of pairings who are NOT supposed to be paired together but on screen, from their interactions, we noticed some chemistry and enjoyed it, even if they were just rolling their eyes and giving snarky exchanges;
- Respect the WestAllen ship and I do not hate nor despise Iris West/Candice Patton whatsoever and even recognizes that she’s gorgeous and an awesome character regardless of whatever skin color she may be;
- Would not stop shipping Snowbarry just because people think that our ship is ridiculous since canon says it’s impossible and leads to nowhere.
- Not be bothered even if Iris realizes her feelings for Barry eventually in the show cos it’s blatantly obvious he has feelings for Iris and it’s predictable since that’s where the storyline seems to be headed towards. If the endgame is as the above in the show, then
- Shall NOT pester nor force the writers to put Caitlin and Barry together, but would rather see how they will develop these two’s relationship in the series as the show progresses.
- Will continue to ship Snowbarry even if Caitlin eventually turns out to be a villain cos that makes pairing them even more exciting with all the uncertainties around their future interactions. Not to mention, love/hate relationships are juicy.
So let’s stop accusing and generalizing all Snowbarry shippers just because of comments made by individual persons. They do not represent the entire fanbase. Nor do my personal declaration reflect the same sentiments as all the others. Unless they reblog this and agrees with it that is.